support, help, mountain climbing

Get Ready to Read!

Summer Reading launches May 20. Come see us to get signed up and for some refreshments between 3:30-5:30 pm. Remember: Adventure Begins at the Library.

Read More

Genealogy

Ebooks

Info 24/7


Kingman’s Library Legacy Continues

The first library collection was started in 1885, and was housed in the city building for some time. In 1913, Andrew Carnegie’s foundation granted $10,000 for the construction of a library building, seen in this postcard image.

The new library opened its doors in 1914, and has served Kingman residents ever since. The front stairway was changed in 1932 to the familiar divided configuration, and in 1987 an addition of 2,600 square feet of space, including an elevator, modernized the building without compromising its historic beauty.